Wednesday, November 7, 2012

ok. time to put the pieces of my fucked-up life back together.

I need to move on.
I will be crying it out the next few days, I suspect

I used to have a best friend
I say "used to" because it turns out - when it came down to it, I guess her heart wasn't into it
It pains me, it saddens me to know that when I needed her the most, she wanted out - not willing to understand or listen to anything at all
I will cry over this
Cry over the loss of this friendship
And then I will move on


I have also realized that I am content with just being colleagues/mates with R
I realize I do NOT actually want anything more with him
Do NOT want the "benefits" we had before
Even if given the oppurtunity - I'm happy with being homies
This is a surprise obviously - given how things were
Now that I've resurfaced - gotten out of that fog I had, things are clearer
Happy that we are mates and colleagues and that he is a guide/teacher in my career


What saddens me the most is something I discovered too late
I realize that H - whom I've wronged so deeply - is someone I care deeply for
It is so totally true - you don't know what you've got till you've lost it
And I have lost him
He is the one person - I realize belatedly - that I look forward to talking to everyday
I realize that I consider what he would think when I do things
When I try on a new outfit/go shopping - I wonder if he'd like it
When I do something cool - I want to tell him
I realize now that I had indeed fallen for him

Unfortunately, as expected with me - this is all too little too late
H has moved on, while I am still here
Pining over him is a deadend - we are over, sadly
So it is time I do the same
I do not want to - I wish we could start over
for I know that he can makes me happy
It is time for me to get over him as he has me
There is no point thinking of the "what ifs"
Of how things could've been
I no longer have a shot
That door has been slammed shut, it's keys thrown into the depths of the universe
I have dug my own grave
So I will cry for the next while - bemoan the loss of this great person
But then I will try and move on

I will harden up
Put those walls up stronger than ever
I will not pine for a man any more - all it does is cause pain and heartbreak


So it is now the time to cry
Cry it out
Then step back and harden up and move on

No comments: