Saturday, May 10, 2008

home alone?

no...this isn't a rant about the movie...
wht it really is, is sort of a realisation for me...call it an epiphany of sorts....

see, wht i've come to realise is tht im now ready to step out on my own...
NO...no worries...im NOT coming out of the closet or anything like tht...
i've come to a point where im cmpltly confident tht i can move out and live in an apartment on my own! - on my own, without housemates and the likes...

so..wht brought this on? i mean, i've always lived with ppl - at home my whole life, in International House last yr, with 4 other girls this yr - and dont get me wrong...i LOVED living at home! i mean...its definately the best being with family and there in tmn tun....if i could, i'd definately move back home...as for living in IH, tht wasnt all bad - had a great msian cohort there with me....

bt having had this current flat pretty much to myself over the last 6wks or so...i've found tht since i cant be at home, the next best thing here, would be to move out on my own! =)
its brilliant! esp since i do have my quirks and i can be pretty anal about certain things at times...so wht better a solution than to get a whole place to myself!

yup...ive made up my mind...OK, granted, living alone wont be as cheap as having housemates - for the obvious division of hsehold expenditures off course! - and it might get lonely at times...bt im convince tht i'll be sweet! =) bt hey, this way i can control my spending power to only the things i want....not wht the majority wants....=)

so...the big question is...WHEN??...definately not this yr...im not gonna trouble myself with moving while ive got my major final exams in november....so when then? nxt yr? given tht if i do (GOD willing) pass this yr and i have my electives in the 1st quarter nxt yr, i'll only be back in march...so i could find another place to rent?...BUT, given tht unlike the local students, we dont get a grant nxt yr, and therefore - no income....so i guess tht leaves till the yr after? yeah...makes more sense i think - move only when i knw where i'll be for my house-officer yr..

yup...we'll juz wait and see i guess....till then - its juz surviving patiently in a hse full of girls...=)

No comments: